<

How can I get an ipad but put it in layaway first?

Postby beverley » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:06 am

I want an ipad but the problem is that I can not afford one at regular price unless I do some sort of layaway plan where I can pay for it little by little. Let's see- Walmart has no more layaway and I am not sure that K-mart has ipads at all.

Any ideas on what I can do? I really would like one of these things but I just can not afford it at regular price unless I pay for it little by little.
beverley

Postby ford78 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:16 am

Put it on a credit card - then pay monthly.

Jason (aka: Chewy)
ford78

<

Postby malise » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:17 am

Open a savings account with the highest interest rate you can find and start saving for your iPad. Two things will happen:

1. You will start to earn interest on your savings which will help you to achieve your goal quicker; and
2. Apple will release the next version of the iPad, which means you might be able to buy the original iPad second hand for a lot less money, or you will have saved up enough money to get the newer upgraded version!

Whatever you do, do not borrow the money to buy your iPad. The interest on the loan will cripple you.
malise

Postby ellswerth15 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:19 am

If you have a credit card, you can purchase it with that, and pay it over time. Or, just put away what you can each week until you have enough to pay for it.

But layaway is a dying service that very few places still offer. It had a very small resurgence because of the economy, but not enough to keep it going. Why? Because many people don't want to use it. They would rather buy it now and have it now. They don't want to wait before they can have it.
ellswerth15

Postby blaeey99 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:23 am

The reason why stores have stopped layaway is because they simply don't have the space to store items for thousands of customers
blaeey99

Return to iPad