<

Ipad disabled. help!!!!!?

Postby jackson58 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:19 am

my ipad says its disabled and that i have to connect it to itunes. I plugged it into my computer and on my computer screen a message popped up saying i cant connect my ipad to itunes until i enter my password on my ipad but i cant do that because its disabled! i dont know what to do and i cant use my ipad and its brand new! i just got it a few weeks ago!!! please help me
jackson58

Postby treasigh » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:22 am

my ipad says its disabled and that i have to connect it to itunes. I plugged it into my computer and on my computer screen a message popped up saying i cant connect my ipad to itunes until i enter my password on my ipad but i cant do that because its disabled! i dont know what to do and i cant use my ipad and its brand new! i just got it a few weeks ago!!! please help me
Here is a kb that describes what to do. Go to the section that says "placing your device in recovery mode"

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808?viewlocale=en_US

This will "nuke" the device....as iPaqd26 said, it's best if you can remember the device pass code

hope that helps
treasigh

<

Postby quincey20 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 am

To fix your iPad, you may have to restore it. To do that, you put it into DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode and connect it to iTunes. iTunes will ask you to restore the device then it will do everything automatically from there.

How to put your device into DFU Mode:

Step 1: Turn it off
Step 2: Hold the power button (to corner) for 5 seconds
Step 3: Hold home button (without letting go of the power button) for 10 seconds
Step 4: Release the power button (without letting go of the home button) and wait for it to connect to your computer. After it has connected with your computer and iTunes, you can let go of the home button.

After iPad is in DFU mode, unplugging or pressing buttons will not mess anything up.

To restart your iPad, hold the power and home buttons at the same time until you see the apple logo appear on the screen.
quincey20

Return to iPad