<

Switching iphone 4s to from verizon to straight talk?

Postby gwythyr24 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Tell me if I am correct. I can buy an iphone 4s for verizon for $188, than cancel the contract for another, what is it, $175? meaning I paid $350 for a $500 iphone? and than straight talk allows you to transfer iphones to straighttalk so i get straighttalk price with the iphone 4s?
gwythyr24

Postby bartley » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:33 pm

I think its $350 to cancel the contract when you have a smart phone. Also straight talk doesn't have 3g, so it would be 1x only (slow) even if you get it on there.
@Tulsa
You would be correct for a GSM phone, but the question is about Verizon (CDMA)
bartley

<

Postby millman » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Straight talk has evdo. Why answer wrong?
millman

Postby johnnie100 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:43 pm

The iphone 4 and 4S from AT&T is a no brainer. There is no need to unlock the phone and the only mod needed is to change the APN settings to get MMS (pic messaging) and internet. Contrary to the last answer, Straight talk does have 3G, I use two iPhones on Straight talk, the 4 and the 4S both on 3G. Straight talk is an MVNO of AT&T and others and as long as you get the correct sim card and a person knowledgable enough to modify your APN settings, you will be thrilled with the outcome.
As far as the Sprint or Verizon phone, I do not believe they will work but I am not sure. CDMA phones are a proprietary technology and must be activated in such a way that they will not work with the plans outside of the companies they are manufactured for unless they are flashed to Cricket etc.
johnnie100

Postby adusa » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:45 pm

I would steer you away from the iphones 4s because it has battery drainage problems:
http://www.techieinsider.com/news/13863/battery-drain-problems-continue/

Even Steve Wozniak, co-founder of apple says the same thing and that siri is glitchy:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57360045/apple-co-founder-gripes-about-iphone/

And this is an Apple Legend saying this so you know it has to be bad.

In fact, Siri is so bad there is a class action lawsuit brought against Apple for it not working anywhere near as well as it was advertised.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-57395727-248/apples-siri-not-as-smart-as-she-looks-lawsuit-charges/

Furthermore, with iphone you do not get Adobe Flash which is required to view videos on many websites, it is a common complaint among iphone users. Plus you cannot expand memory with iphone if you run out of space but with android you just add a card up to 32gb and you're good to go.

You get more real apps with android, for example angry birds is real with android whereas you have to buy it with apple, or use their "real" version which has a big ad blocking part of the screen getting in the way of gameplay.

Android phones are usually superior in technical specs, faster and more customizable. It is the better choice, that is why it leads the global market in smartphones today even with apple selling a lot of their iphones cheap or real.

And despite the Woz saying iphones are easier to use, ANYONE can use android, he had to say SOMETHING nice about apple lol.
adusa

Return to iPhone