<

Why isn't my iPod Touch syncing?

Postby jurre66 » Tue Dec 11, 1984 7:24 am

Why isn't my iPod Touch syncing? I have a 1st-gen 32-gig iPod Touch, updated to the latest firmware, with the latest iTunes on my Windows box. For the last little while, when I've synced my Touch, it backed up normally, but then it stopped. The iPod Touch screen still said it was syncing, but iTunes didn't say so, and in fact no longer showed a linked iPod Touch at all. I tried restoring the iPod. No dice (plus doing so removed everything from the iPod, and syncing it did not restore the stuff that had been wiped from it; all it has now are the basic starting apps). I tried reinstalling iTunes. Also no dice. Still the same behavior. Somebody help?
jurre66

Postby darold » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Why isn't my iPod Touch syncing? I have a 1st-gen 32-gig iPod Touch, updated to the latest firmware, with the latest iTunes on my Windows box. For the last little while, when I've synced my Touch, it backed up normally, but then it stopped. The iPod Touch screen still said it was syncing, but iTunes didn't say so, and in fact no longer showed a linked iPod Touch at all. I tried restoring the iPod. No dice (plus doing so removed everything from the iPod, and syncing it did not restore the stuff that had been wiped from it; all it has now are the basic starting apps). I tried reinstalling iTunes. Also no dice. Still the same behavior. Somebody help?
darold

<

Postby madison98 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:35 pm

I work at the Apple Store in Paramus, NJ Now when you are restoring the Ipod are you restoring it to a backed up version of the ipod or to factory settings. If it was to factory settings. You have done everything we would do to fix the situation. The only thing short of replacing the Ipod the only thing I could think of is having a USB cable issue. Now this is a very odd issue because restoring it to factory settings and reinstalling itunes should have fixed it. Unless you didn't uninstall itunes completely. If you didn't uninstall it properly basically (system preferences) might still be acting as the problem. Sometimes wiping clean the itunes system preferences completely during the uninstall could clear up the issue. If it is still under warranty I would bring it back and have it replaced. If it is not. Because since you have done all the necessary reboots and restores we can't tell what the issue is. I would check out the Apple Support Forums to see if someone else has had the same problem. Source(s): My Apple Knowledge
madison98

Postby blagdon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:43 pm

I went ahead and restored to factory settings. Unfortunately, now all of my application settings are gone. Including some letters I was saving in Distant Shore. :( I don't suppose there's any way to get all that back?
blagdon

Postby albaric » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:52 pm

I went ahead and restored to factory settings. Unfortunately, now all of my application settings are gone. Including some letters I was saving in Distant Shore. :( I don't suppose there's any way to get all that back?
Were you a mac or pc person.? If mac are you using mobile me regularly? If so you can sync you mobileme settings back with your Ipod to get notes and letters. That would be if you synced it properly.
albaric

Return to iPod