<

How can I uninstall Safari on my MacBook Pro? And once I uninstall it, can I reinstall it?

How can I uninstall Safari on my MacBook Pro? And once I uninstall it, can I reinstall it?

Postby tzion » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:35 pm

I did something to my Safari and accidentally purchase something stupid that majorly ****** it up. I want to uninstall then reinstall Safari to fix it. Do you think that would fix it? How would I uninstall Safari on my MacBook Pro? Will I be able to reinstall Safari? How could I do that?
tzion

Postby fitzjames » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi! :)

And yes, you can. Read the whole thing before delete something. Just navigate to your applications folder, usually located in your HD, should be on your desktop. If not, open a new finder window and look for it in the sidepanel.

Find Safari, drag and drop it to the Trashcan. You might be prompted for admin password, type it and click Ok. If you dont have a logon admin password, leave the field empty and press Ok. Empty can.

Now, I think you can purchase it from the almighty Apple itself, just google "Safari purchase Mac" in Firefox or a another backup browser you have (assuming that you have an backup browser).

If not, no problem! Find your installation disc(s), Snow Leopard, Leopard, Tiger or whatever your OS is. Put it in your drive, an CD icon should appear on the desktop, double-Click it. A window should now pop up. In that window, an package-file-thing named "Install bundled software" or something should be located somewhere in there. Double-click and a installation window or whatever should pop up. Check off Safari only, and hit Install. That should do the trick.

Note! If you have 2 installation discs, Bundled Software usually is located on disc 2, should say so the label on the CD.

Hope that helps, and good luck :)
fitzjames

<

Postby ishmael » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:47 pm

Hi! :)

And yes, you can. Read the whole thing before delete something. Just navigate to your applications folder, usually located in your HD, should be on your desktop. If not, open a new finder window and look for it in the sidepanel.

Find Safari, drag and drop it to the Trashcan. You might be prompted for admin password, type it and click Ok. If you dont have a logon admin password, leave the field empty and press Ok. Empty can.

Now, I think you can purchase it from the almighty Apple itself, just google "Safari purchase Mac" in Firefox or a another backup browser you have (assuming that you have an backup browser).

If not, no problem! Find your installation disc(s), Snow Leopard, Leopard, Tiger or whatever your OS is. Put it in your drive, an CD icon should appear on the desktop, double-Click it. A window should now pop up. In that window, an package-file-thing named "Install bundled software" or something should be located somewhere in there. Double-click and a installation window or whatever should pop up. Check off Safari only, and hit Install. That should do the trick.

Note! If you have 2 installation discs, Bundled Software usually is located on disc 2, should say so the label on the CD.

Hope that helps, and good luck :)
Like any other program, it either comes with it's own uninstall program or else can be removed from within a control panel applet. Un-installing and reinstalling are a common way to resolve software problems. It should work fine. On rare occasions programs need extra effort to get them completely uninstall-ed. Apple on line can give you the info you need to uninstall, and reinstall one right after the other.
Piece of cake.
ishmael

Postby lothair17 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:51 pm

There is a good software review of uninstallers at ZZNS with links to a number of different real uninstaller software programs to choose from : http://zardozz.com/zz/2010/11/a-perfect-software-uninstaller.html It explains how special uninstaller software is easy to use with info on how to uninstall difficult programs. I use it all the time to remove any software.
lothair17

Return to MacBook Pro